Thursday, September 07, 2006

Back to school

When I was 3 years old I used to cry everyday before entering my classroom. My mom used to sit right across my class in a bench under a tree to smile at me whenever I looked outside. I still remember her words….nan inga than irruken..kavala padatha..

When I was 5 years old my dad walked me to the bus stop which was 10 minutes from my house. I still remember the dad and daughter talk we used to share.

When I was 10 years old my mom made my hair while my dad helped me put my shoes while I was watching T.V. I still remember the days when both of my parents would be late to work because of me.

When I was 15 years old my mom ran behind me giving me food. I still remember the look I gave her which meant please do not embarrass me in front of my friends.

When I am 20 years old….I wake up with the sound of my alarm with neither my mom nor dad beside me to feed me or do my hair. I remember the golden days passed by me.

Memories rushed towards me as I saw small children waiting for the school bus with their parents…with immense hope..with a big question mark about their future. I saw the same spark and fear in their eyes which I had 17 years ago. I wish I could rewind those days where I can be my dads little girl reaching for his hands to hold and protect me.
Now I am independent, I earn for my own small pleasures and of course to pay my loan : )….i can cook for myself and carry myself in a presentable way. And none of this could have happened without my parents.

And this reminds me that my school if starting from Monday : (….welcome back to world of sleepless nights….last minute cramming…late submissions…skipping lectures…and ..fairly no healthy food to swallow in the breaks..

18 comments:

Gayatri said...

haha.. well put.. totally true!

Ganesh Ranganathan said...

such a sweet post...reminded me of my childhood days...

Syam said...

aaga malarum ninaivugal....athu sari when you were in your teens you should have had your own security force(sight adikum pasanga) who will escort you from home to skool and college and vice versa... :-)

Enigma said...

hey stumbled while browing. it did indeed remind me of my parents :) and all thsoe small happy moments in life

logic said...

Hey Mystery nicely blended..lovely di as always..

Kavitha Jay said...

@confused-thanks for stopping over here:)...keep visiting..

@ganesh-hehe..yea i guess those days were the best

@syam-hahaha..pasanga pinnadi vara alavukku nan avalo periya aal illa pa...:)

@enigma-thanks for dropping by...its always nice to remember those happy moments...

@logic-hi da..dank u...read ur post...loved it as always:D...

Anonymous said...

yea kavi….welcome back to world of sleepless nights….last minute cramming…late submissions…skipping lectures…and ..fairly no healthy food to swallow in the breaks..... thts life for you!!!!!!

dakaltiz said...

Vazhkai fulla chinna pasangalave iruntha evlo santhoshama irukum..mmm....konjam senti aakita ma..but n e ways ipovum amma oda pasam akkarai la apdiyethaan irukku...:)...good 1 kav...
okie all the best for your "schooling"..poi urupadiya padikra vazhiya paaru...

approm logic postku intha vaati first comment potean paathella;))

Kirukal said...

Yesss....first day of school is saaaddddd! But eppo nenchu parthalum school and college days thaan best parts of my lifnu thonnum....okay un postlenthu nan konjam side track panniten....
Good luck this sem!

kuttichuvaru said...

welcome bak to the real world!!

prithz said...

Cute post... the same used to happen wid me in ma skol days.. dad or mom , helping me put on my shoes, do my hair, feed me breakfast, walk me to skol.. more than everythin else, i used to love walkin bk home from skol, holdin my mom's hand n narrate to her all that happened in class!! :)

Known Stranger said...

some more to be posted

Intrepid traveller's dairy said...

university life is so different di kavi..when I came here...even I was thinking abt my first day of school...how i was...and now,im all alone..in a world where I dont know anyone and I have to do everything by myself..it's so different...amazing how life has changed so dramatically within a years time....nice to see u blogging back in ur usual form :)

sanjayan said...

Very good post....

School days - Those were the best days of my life. Lot of things that stay in mind. I got inspired by your blog and have created one in mine. It was actually from mail, but very nice one. Check it out http://neo-dreamz.blogspot.com/2006/09/golden-days.html

Harish said...

haa haa...cute one yaar. I remember how i was eager to go to school in my 1st std. Because i wanted to wear my new dress and shoe and i could do it only on the first day of school :-)

shree said...

hmm.. seeing the topic as 'back' to school, i thought u r dropping ur son/daughter and thus going back to school.. :)

vishy said...

hmm edhuvume elladha podhu dhan naama adhoda value va realise pannuvom nu ratha.. purigikitta sari...

US vandha apporom dhan.. vettu sappdi .. infact time ku sappadu oda arumai yyeh theriyudhu..

Anonymous said...

That was a pretty nostalgic ride down the memory lane!!! It always make a hollow cave in me echo with the sounds my childhood.